Summer Season- May 19th- August 2nd, 2017
Video Audition Deadline
Summer Season- February 17th, 2017
To audition for the 2017 summer season, please submit a video following the directions below. We encourage you to submit your video as early as possible for consideration.
Your Video Audition Must Include:
-two Shakespearean monologues, one of which must be in verse (YOU MUST SUBMIT AN AUDITION VIDEO. DO NOT LINK TO CLIPS FROM PERFORMANCES OR REELS);
-one OPTIONAL monologue from a contemporary play or a play with heightened language (Moliere, Shaw, Sheridan, etc.);
-WOMEN : at least 32 bars of an appropriate song from a musical in the style of The Marvelous Wonderettes, or a selection from The Marvelous Wonderettes (accompaniment tracks provided here).
-a brief "interview" in which you introduce yourself and provide some information about your training and experience and anything else you choose to include.
-both a close-up and a full-body shot to provide an accurate and current image of your appearance.
Once you've made your video, fill out the Audition Submission Form. This form allows you to upload your headshot, resume, and a link to your video audition.
If making a DVD, mail the disc along with your headshot and resume to:
TSF Auditions 1100 Broadway Blvd. Kilgore, TX 75662
Your Headshot & Resume Must Include:
-your email address;
-a daytime phone number;
-your height and weight;
-your comfortable vocal singing range, stated in notes -- high to low.
Notes & Tips
- Preferred formats are YouTube, Vimeo, or MPF HTML5 compatible files.
- It must be an AUDITION video. Do not link to clips from performances or reels.
- Please make sure the video is HIGH quality and that we can see you clearly.
- Please make sure the sound quality of your video is good and that we can hear you clearly.
- Please make sure the lighting is good and that we can see you clearly.
- The audition must include two Shakespearean monologues, one in verse (not a Sonnet), and 32 bars of an appropriate song for the season.
- The order in which you present your material is up to you.
- DO NOT SING A CAPELLA. You must include some form of accompaniment. Do not accompany yourself.
- Make sure we can hear your voice clearly above your accompaniment.
- The song must be presented on video - not as an audio file.
- Show your video to someone- friends, teachers, or coaches- before submitting.
- For a YouTube submission the privacy setting for the video is set to either Public (the default) or Unlisted.
- For a Vimeo submission the privacy setting must be set to Anyone (the default).
The Texas Shakespeare Festival 2017 Acting Company is seeking actors with classical and musical training or experience, to work in a true rotating repertory ensemble. Actors are cast in at least 3 of the 5 shows.
All female positions are required to be able to sing.
Actors in the summer company receive $350 per week, private dorm housing, fourteen meals a week, and limited travel reimbursement. Acting Interns receive $125 a week, shared dorm housing, and fourteen meals a week for a ten week contract. Actors perform no technical duties other than full company strike.